European Chair (President) of the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics (2011-2015), Director of the Saint-Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology, Vice–President of the Gerontological Society of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Head of the Chair of Gerontology and Geriatrics at the I.I. Mechnikov North -Western State Medical University, Chief of the Department of the I.P. Pavlov Institute of Physiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Member of the Ukrainian National Academy of Medical Sciences, Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation, Honored Inventor of the Russian Federation, Winner of Prizes of the USSR Council of Ministers and Academy of Sciences, Main specialist in gerontology and geriatrics of the Governments of Saint Petersburg and Leningrad region, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences.
VIEW VLADIMIR KHAVINSON'S WIKIPEDIA PAGE
Member of Societies:
- Gerontological Society of the Russian Academy of Sciences, vice-president (1994–now).
- Italian Academy of Economics and Social Sciences (1996–now).
- The Gerontological Society of America (1996–now).
- Expert Council of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation (2006–now)
- International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics, European Region, president (2011–now).
Honors and awards:
- Honorary title " Honoured Inventor of the Russian Federation", 1988
- "The USSR Council of Ministers' Prize" for the introduction and promotion of new highly efficient peptide bioregulators in health care and veterinary practice, 1990
- The Russian Academy of Sciences Prize, 1991
- The State Scientific Grants of the Russian Academy of Sciences for outstanding scientists, 1994, 1997
- Nobel Prize Winner P.Kapitsa' Memorial medal "Author of Scientific Discovery", 1996
- The Ukrainian Academy of Medical Sciences Prize, 2003
- P.Ehrlich Silver Medal for outstanding achievements in preventive and social medicine, Europaische Akademie der Naturwissenschaften, 2006
- Award of the State Duma of the Russian Federation for the best project represented at the Economy Forum, 2007
- Honorary title "Honoured Scientist of the Russian Federation", 2008
- The Ukrainian National Akademy of Sciences Prize, 2010
Fields of interest:
- Anti-ageing technologies; development, experimental and clinical studies of new classes of peptide bioregulators (Cytomedins, Cytamins, Cytogenes). Development of bioregulating therapy.
- The inventor of 6 pharmaceuticals, authorized by the Russian Ministry of Health for clinical application: Thymalin (from thymus for correction of immune system function), Cortexin (from the brain cortex for correction of cerebral functions), Epithalamin (from the pineal gland for correction of endocrine system function), Samprost (from the prostatic gland for correction of urogenital system function), Retinalamin (from the eye retina for restoration of vision functions), Thymogen (dipeptide for correction of immune functions).
- The inventor of 40 biologically active food supplements, which are authorized by the Russian Ministry of Health and introduced into the Register of Biologilly active Food Supplements.
Member of Editorial Boards of the Journals:
- "Advances in Gerontology" (St.Petersburg)
- "Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine" (Moscow)
- "Clinical Gerontology" (Moscow)
- "Cytokines and Inflammation" (St.Petersburg)
- "Geronto-Geriatrics" (Mexico)
- "Herald of Gerontological Society of the Russian Academy of Sciences"(St.Petersburg)
- "Medical Academy Journal" (St.Petersburg)
- "Neuroendocrinology Letters" (Stockholm) – Honorary Director
Over 800 scientific publications, including 30 monographs; 205 patents and inventions (90 international ones among them) in the field of biotechnology, immunology, biochemistry, pharmacology, oncology, gerontology.
Read more: https://khavinson.info/curriculum-vitae
NANOMEDICINE AND HUMAN UPPER LIMIT (VIDEO)
You can follow this link to view the video translated into English https://khavinson.info/video
Peptides and ageing
Neuroendocrinology Letters. - Special Issue, 2002.; 144 p.
Khavinson V.Kh., Malinin V.V.
Gerontological aspects of genome peptide regulation
Basel (Switzerland): Karger AG, 2005. – 104 p.
Khavinson V.Kh., Morozov V.G., Anisimov V.N.
Experimental studies of the pineal gland preparation Epithalamin
The pineal gland and cancer
Bartsch C., Bartsch H., Blask D.E., Cardinali D.P., Hrushesky W.J.M., Mecke D. (Eds.) - Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg. - 2001. - P. 294-306.
Vladimir N. Anisimov, Vladimir Kh. Khavinson.
Small peptide-associated modulation of aging and longevity
Modulating aging and longevity
Kluwer Academic Publishers (Printed in Great Britain) - Suresh I.S. Rattan (ed.). - 2003. - P. 279-301.
Khavinson V.Kh., Mikhailova O.N.
Health and aging in Russia
Global health and global aging
ed. by Mary Robinson et al.; foreword by Robert Butler. - 1st ed. - 2007. - P. 226-237.
B.F. Vanyushin, V.Kh. Khavinson
Short Biologically Active Peptides as Epigenetic Modulators of Gene Activity
Epigenetics – A Different Way of Looking at Genetics
W. Doerfler, P. Böhm (eds.). - Springer International Publishing Switzerland. - 2016. - P. 69-90.
Vladimir Khavinson and Irina Popovich
Short Peptides Regulate Gene Expression, Protein Synthesis and Enhance Life Span
RSC Drug Discovery Series No. 57. Anti-aging Drugs: From Basic Research to Clinical Practice
Ed. Alexander M. Vaiserman. - 2017. - Chapter 20, P. 496-513.
Peptide regulation of ageing
Khavinson V.Kh., Neroev V.V., Trofimova S.V., Osokina Yu.Yu.
Peptides and retina
Unigunde method for restoration of retinal functions in case of different diseases
St.Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology
Read more: https://khavinson.info/publications
In the following photos you can see professor V. Khavinson alongside with Nobel laureates, prominent scientists, public and political figures as well as sports and arts celebrities.
Read more: https://khavinson.info/photo
PROF. VLADIMIR KHAVINSON PATENTS
|#||Patent #||Title||Authors||Country, year of issue|
|1||CH 659586||Arzneimittel aus dem Thymus und Verfahren zu dessen Herstellung. (Pharmaceutical substance from thymus gland and method for producing the same)||Morozov V.G., Khavinson V.Kh.||Switzerland and Liechtenstein 13.02.1987|
|2||DE 3421789||Arzneimittel auf der Basis einer Thymusfraktion und Verfahren zu dessen Herstellung. (Thymus-gland substance and method for producing the same)||Morozov V.G., Khavinson V.Kh.||Germany, 06.10.1988|
|3||FR 2583982||Produit medicamenteux obtenu a partir du thymus et son procede d'obtention. (Thymus-gland substance and method for producing the same)||Morozov V.G., Khavinson V.Kh.||France, 24.02.1989|
|4||JP 1625201||Process for Production of Thymus Gland Preparation.||Morozov V.G., Khavinson V.Kh.||Japan, 18.11.1991|
|5||US 5,070,076||Thymus-Gland preparation and method for producing same.||Morozov V.G., Khavinson V.Kh.||USA, 03.12.1991|
|6||AU 616236||Pharmaceutical preparation for treating immunodeficiency conditions.||Yakovlev G.M., Morozov V.G., Khavinson V.Kh., Deigin V.I., Korotkov A.M||Australia, 03.03.1992|
|7||EP 0346501||Arzneimittelzubereitung zur behandlung des immunmangels. (Pharmaceutical preparation for therapy of immunodeficit states)||Yakovlev G.M., Morozov V.G., Khavinson V.Kh., Deigin V.I., Korotkov A.M||European patent, 29.07.1992|
Overall professor Khavinson has more than 200 patents.
Read more: https://khavinson.info/patents